Monday 4 March 2013

green with envy


Green decor? And I mean pea green- not like Farrow & Ball greens, but green...green. Not a colour I can say I've really given much thought about for an interior not in a Mediterranean climate. (which obviously relishes with even the most vibrant shades.) But then this picture came to my attention- I love it and think this is the way to work green in any interior. The white in the wallpaper freshens it up, and the im-perfect, slightly distressed green paint is rustic and charming. I personally love distressed looks but I appreciate that's not everyone's cup of tea. Mixing this up with the addition of a glossy tiled floor, an opposing element to the distressed walls- creates a romantic and eclectic look. So that's the way to do it!


Inspired? Here's a way to achieve a similar look yourself.


1


2

3

4


1. italian floor tiles. 2.matt dark green via www.vinyldepot.co.uk 3. floral wallpaper by Designers Guild.
4. Kartell Combeck armchair by Patricia Urquiola